When it comes to finding the best porch paint, there are a few critical things to keep in mind. First, you’ll like to consider the type of material your porch is made of. Some paints work better on wood, while others are designed for concrete or other materials. You’ll also want to think about the climate in your area and choose a paint that can withstand the weather conditions.
Best Porch Paints
KILZ Low-Lustre Enamel Porch & Patio Latex Floor Paint
Why We Like It: If you’re looking for highly durable and moisture-resistant porch paint, KILZ Low-Lustre Enamel Porch & Patio Latex Floor Paint is a great option.
We recently used KILZ Low-Lustre Enamel Porch & Patio Latex Floor Paint to update our back porch and were impressed with its durability and coverage. The Slate Gray color provided a nice neutral backdrop for our outdoor furniture and held up well against various weather conditions. We appreciated that it could be used on various surfaces, including wood and masonry, and that it dried quickly.
However, we noticed that the surface became quite slippery when wet, so we used caution when walking on it. Additionally, while it covered most areas well, we did notice some peeling in certain spots after a few months of use. Overall, we recommend KILZ Low-Lustre Enamel Porch & Patio Latex Floor Paint for durable and moisture-resistant porch paint.
- It provides a long-lasting finish that is ideal for both interior and exterior applications
- Formulated to endure on deck, porch, and patio siding and floors through variable weather conditions
- Covers 300-400 square feet on smooth surfaces and 200-300 square feet on rough surfaces
- When wet, surfaces can become slippery; exercise caution when walking on a wet surface.
- Not for use in areas subject to automotive tires
- Some users have reported peeling in certain spots.
RTG Deck, Porch, & Patio Anti-Slip Paint
Why We Like It: We highly recommend RTG Deck, Porch, & Patio Anti-Slip Paint for anyone looking to make their outdoor surfaces safer and more attractive.
Our experience with RTG Deck, Porch, & Patio Anti-Slip Paint has been overwhelmingly positive. The paint goes on smoothly and dries quickly, providing a textured finish that looks great and provides excellent traction. We especially appreciate its eco-friendly, low-odor, and low-VOC, making it an excellent alternative for families with pets and children.
Remember that the coverage area is relatively small, so you may need to purchase multiple containers if you’re working on a larger project. Additionally, some users have said problems with the paint peeling or lifting off the surface of the wood after being exposed to the weather for a few months, so it may not be the best option for areas that receive a lot of direct sunlight or heavy rain.
- Achieve an appealing finish and prevent slips on exterior surfaces that tend to get slippery when wet with fast-drying, textured paint.
- The application process is effortless, whether by brush or roller, using a 1/4″-3/8″ foam or nap roller cover for smoother surfaces and a 1/2″-3/4″ foam or nap roller cover for masonry with deeper texture.
- This paint is durable enough to withstand frequent foot traffic and harsh weather.
- One quart only covers 80-100 sq. ft., so you may need to purchase multiple containers for larger projects.
- The price point is higher than some other porch paints on the market.
- Some users have said problems with the paint peeling or lifting off the surface of the wood after being exposed to the weather for a few months.
Epoxy-Coat Garage Floor Coating Kit
Why We Like It: The Epoxy-Coat Garage Floor Coating Kit is worth considering if you’re looking for a durable and long-lasting floor coating kit.
The Epoxy-Coat Garage Floor Coating Kit is an excellent choice for those looking to give their garage, basement, or other concrete or wood floors a durable and long-lasting finish. The kit includes everything you need to complete the project, including tools for easy application. However, it requires extensive prep work before application and is unsuitable for outdoor use. Additionally, it is more expensive compared to other garage floor coating options.
If you’re looking for a high-quality floor coating that will last for years, the Epoxy-Coat Garage Floor Coating Kit is worth considering. This surface is ideal for people looking for a safe and long-lasting option for their garage or basement. It’s slip-resistant and chemical-resistant, making it highly durable. Additionally, it’s made of 100% solids, non-shrinking formula, ensuring a smooth and even finish that will last several years.
- Easy to apply with included tools
- Slip-resistant and resists chemicals, salt, oil, and hot tires.
- 100% solids non-shrinking formula that patches and coats all in one application
- Requires extensive prep work before application
- Not suitable for outdoor use
- Expensive compared to other garage floor coating options
Cool Decking Pool Deck Paint
Why We Like It: If you’re looking for a pool deck paint that enhances your deck’s look and reduces heat build-up, then Cool Decking Pool Deck Paint is the perfect solution for you.
Cool Decking Pool Deck Paint is a revolutionary pool and deck product used in water theme parks, resorts, national landmarks, and now residential swimming pools. It is easy to use, and the specialized coating bonds with concrete at a molecular level, filling in cracks and permanently sealing them.
This product has a smooth surface that is easy to clean and does not allow dirt to hide. It is 100% water-based and VOC-friendly, making it environmentally safe. It is also non-toxic, ensuring the safety of you and your family.
To apply Cool Decking Pool Deck Paint, follow these two simple steps:
First, spray the concrete with Triple Crown and wash away any dirt or debris it picks up.
Let the concrete dry completely, and then apply the Cool treatment by mixing the kit with water and using a paint roller.
After 30 minutes, apply a second coat of Cool and the SealBack treatment to ensure the product’s durability.
- Reduces heat build-up by up to 38%
- Non-slip surface meets ADA safety requirements.
- Seals and repairs concrete surfaces
- Requires Triple Crown cleaner for preparation
- You may need two coats for optimal coverage.
- May require an additional SealBack Nano-Acrylic Sealer for extra protection
When choosing the best porch paint, there are several features to consider. We recommend considering the following factors:
Durability is one of the most important features to consider when choosing porch paint. Look for a product designed for outdoor use that can withstand harsh weather conditions, foot traffic, and other wear and tear.
Make sure the porch paint you choose provides adequate coverage. Look for a product that can cover a large area with just one coat, as this will save you time and money in the long run.
Color and Finish
Choose a color and finish that complements your home’s exterior. Consider the overall style of your home and the color of your trim and siding when selecting a color and finish for your porch paint.
Ease of Application
Look for a porch paint that is easy to apply, even for beginners. Consider the type of applicator required and whether the paint needs to be thinned before use.
Consider the drying time of the porch paint you choose. Some products may take longer to dry than others, which can be inconvenient if you need to use your porch soon after painting.
Consider the price of the porch paint you choose. While you don’t necessarily want to choose the cheapest product on the market, you also don’t want to overspend. Instead, look for a product that balances quality and price well.
|Outdoor use, weather resistance, foot traffic
|Large area coverage with one coat
|Color and Finish
|Complements home’s exterior, overall style, trim and siding color
|Ease of Application
|Easy to apply, type of applicator, thinning requirements
|Quick drying time for convenience
|Good balance between quality and price